Hondo, NM Demographics

Population - Employment - Households - Income / Financial - Housing - Education - Marital Status - Means of Transport to Work - Median Income by Zipcode

What is the population of Hondo?

top
There are 328 residents in Hondo, with a median age of 59.7. Of this, 49.7% are males and 50.3% are females.
A total of 291 people in Hondo currently live in the same house as they did last year.
Y-o-Y Change
Total Population 328 -14.8%
Male Population 163 -22.0%
Female Population 165 -6.2%
Male population 49.7%
Female population 50.3%
Y-o-Y Change
Median Age 59.7 2.0%
Citizen US Born 314 -16.3%
Not Citizen 14 40.0%
Citizen US Born 95.73%
Not Citizen 4.27%
Y-o-Y Change
Moved from Different State 37 -7.5%
Same House as Last Year 291 -15.7%
Moved from Different State 11.28%
Same House as Last Year 88.72%

What are the employment statistics in Hondo?

top
There are also 12 entrepreneurs in Hondo (8.51% of the workforce); 30 workers employed in private companies (21.28%); and 78 people working in governmental institutions (55.32%).
Y-o-Y Change
White Collar 141 11.9%
White Collar 100%
Y-o-Y Change
Self Employees 12 200.0%
Private Companies 30 -41.2%
Governmental Workers 78 39.3%
Not for Profit Companies 21 0.0%
Self Employees 8.51%
Private Companies 21.28%
Governmental Workers 55.32%
Not for Profit Companies 14.89%

How many households are there in Hondo?

top
There are a total of 171 households in Hondo, each made up of around 2 members. Family establishments represent 76.61% of these Hondo households, while non-family units account for the remaining 23.39%. Additionally, 21.64% of households have children and 78.36% of households are without children.
Y-o-Y Change
Total Households 171 1.2%
Average People Per Household 2 -15.8%
Family Households 131 -9.7%
Non-family Households 40 66.7%
Family Households 76.61%
Non-family Households 23.39%
Y-o-Y Change
Households with Children 37 -30.2%
Households without Children 134 15.5%
Households with Children 21.64%
Households without Children 78.36%

What are the median and average incomes in Hondo?

top
The average annual household income in Hondo is $40,182, while the median household income sits at $40,977 per year.
Y-o-Y Change
Average Household Income $40,182 -5.1%
Median Household Income $40,977 4.9%
People above Poverty Level 328 -14.8%

How many homeowners and renters are there in Hondo?

top
There are 238 housing units in Hondo, and the median year in which these properties were built is 1985. Of the 171 occupied housing units in Hondo, 87.72% are owner-occupied, while 12.28% have renters living in them. In general, housing costs reach $332 per month in Hondo.
Y-o-Y Change
Housing Units 238 3.0%
Median Year Built 1985 -0.1%
Built in 1939 or Earlier 29 -23.7%
Built between 1940 and 1949 6 N/A
Built between 1950 and 1959 3 -25.0%
Built between 1960 and 1969 20 0.0%
Built between 1970 and 1979 48 17.1%
Built between 1980 and 1989 25 66.7%
Built between 1990 and 1999 69 13.1%
Built between 2000 and 2009 38 -26.9%
Y-o-Y Change
Occupied Housing Units 171 1.2%
Owner Occupied 150 9.5%
Renter Occupied 21 -34.4%
Owner Occupied 87.72%
Renter Occupied 12.28%
Y-o-Y Change
With Mortgage 11 -31.2%
Without Mortgage 139 14.9%
Median Value with Mortgage $0 N/A
Median Value without Mortgage $0 N/A
Median Housing Costs per Month $332 -10.3%
With Mortgage 7.33%
Without Mortgage 92.67%

What is the level of education in Hondo?

top
Approximately 42.12% of the population in Hondo holds a high school degree (that's 115 residents), while 27.11% have attained a college certificate (136 locals) and 2.93% have a bachelor's degree (8 people).
Y-o-Y Change
No High School 14 40.0%
Some High School 115 -12.9%
Some College 136 23.6%
Associate Degree 62 24.0%
Bachelor's Degree 8 -81.0%
No High School 5.13%
Some High School 42.12%
Some College 27.11%
Associate Degree 22.71%
Bachelor's Degree 2.93%

What is the marital status of Hondo residents?

top
A total of 24 people in Hondo have never been married (which represents 8.79% of the total population), while 212 of them are wedded (77.66%).
Y-o-Y Change
Never Married 24 -52.0%
Married 212 -10.6%
Widowed 32 60.0%
Divorced 5 N/A
Never Married 8.79%
Married 77.66%
Widowed 11.72%
Divorced 1.83%

What are the most common means of transportation in Hondo?

top
Y-o-Y Change
Car 141 6.8%

What is the median and average household income in Hondo by zipcode?

top
ZipCode Population Number of Households Median Income Average Income
88336 328 171 $40,977.00 $40,182.00

Methodology & Disclaimers


Demographic data shown in this section was gathered from the latest U.S. Census Bureau release, the 2021 American Community Survey. The information is updated yearly, as soon as new data is made available by the US Census Bureau.
No representation, guarantee or warranty is made as to the accuracy or completeness of information modified or aggregated for specific neighborhoods and/or zip codes.

Zip codes included in this demographic data: 88336