Chitina, AK Demographics

Population - Employment - Households - Income / Financial - Housing - Education - Marital Status - Means of Transport to Work - Median Income by Zipcode

What is the population of Chitina?

top
There are 81 residents in Chitina, with a median age of 35.5. Of this, 60.49% are males and 39.51% are females.
A total of 57 people in Chitina currently live in the same house as they did last year.
Y-o-Y Change
Total Population 81 14.1%
Male Population 49 19.5%
Female Population 32 6.7%
Male population 60.49%
Female population 39.51%
Y-o-Y Change
Median Age 35.5 32.5%
Citizen US Born 78 14.7%
Citizen not US Born 3 0.0%
Citizen US Born 96.3%
Citizen not US Born 3.7%
Y-o-Y Change
Moved from Same County 17 13.3%
Same House as Last Year 57 18.8%
Moved from Same County 22.97%
Same House as Last Year 77.03%

What are the employment statistics in Chitina?

top
There are also 7 entrepreneurs in Chitina (24.14% of the workforce); 17 workers employed in private companies (58.62%); and 5 people working in governmental institutions (17.24%).
Y-o-Y Change
White Collar 29 -6.5%
White Collar 100%
Y-o-Y Change
Self Employees 7 133.3%
Private Companies 17 -15.0%
Governmental Workers 5 -37.5%
Self Employees 24.14%
Private Companies 58.62%
Governmental Workers 17.24%

How many households are there in Chitina?

top
There are a total of 36 households in Chitina, each made up of around 2 members. Family establishments represent 47.22% of these Chitina households, while non-family units account for the remaining 52.78%. Additionally, 36.11% of households have children and 63.89% of households are without children.
Y-o-Y Change
Total Households 36 28.6%
Average People Per Household 2 -11.4%
Family Households 17 21.4%
Non-family Households 19 35.7%
Family Households 47.22%
Non-family Households 52.78%
Y-o-Y Change
Households with Children 13 30.0%
Households without Children 23 27.8%
Households with Children 36.11%
Households without Children 63.89%

What are the median and average incomes in Chitina?

top
Y-o-Y Change
Average Household Income $68,869 21.1%
People below Poverty Level 21 -19.2%
People above Poverty Level 53 43.2%

How many homeowners and renters are there in Chitina?

top
There are 112 housing units in Chitina, and the median year in which these properties were built is 1989. Of the 36 occupied housing units in Chitina, 50% are owner-occupied, while 50% have renters living in them.
Y-o-Y Change
Housing Units 112 2.8%
Median Year Built 1989 0.1%
Built in 1939 or Earlier 11 83.3%
Built between 1950 and 1959 9 80.0%
Built between 1960 and 1969 6 -40.0%
Built between 1970 and 1979 14 7.7%
Built between 1980 and 1989 17 -43.3%
Built between 1990 and 1999 14 0.0%
Built between 2000 and 2009 31 3.3%
Built between 2010 and 2019 10 N/A
Y-o-Y Change
Occupied Housing Units 36 28.6%
Owner Occupied 18 80.0%
Renter Occupied 18 0.0%
Owner Occupied 50%
Renter Occupied 50%
Y-o-Y Change
Without Mortgage 18 157.1%
Median Value with Mortgage $0 N/A
Median Value without Mortgage $0 -100.0%
Median Housing Costs per Month $0 -100.0%
Without Mortgage 100%

What is the level of education in Chitina?

top
Approximately 69.35% of the population in Chitina holds a high school degree (that's 43 residents), while 19.35% have attained a college certificate (15 locals) and 4.84% have a bachelor's degree (3 people).
Y-o-Y Change
Some High School 43 0.0%
Some College 15 36.4%
Associate Degree 3 0.0%
Bachelor's Degree 3 0.0%
Graduate Degree 1 0.0%
Some High School 69.35%
Some College 19.35%
Associate Degree 4.84%
Bachelor's Degree 4.84%
Graduate Degree 1.61%

What is the marital status of Chitina residents?

top
A total of 45 people in Chitina have never been married (which represents 65.22% of the total population), while 14 of them are wedded (20.29%). Separated and divorced residents are in smaller numbers, at 1 (1.45%) and 10 (14.49%), respectively.
Y-o-Y Change
Never Married 45 -6.2%
Married 14 250.0%
Separated 1 0.0%
Divorced 10 66.7%
Never Married 65.22%
Married 20.29%
Separated 1.45%
Divorced 14.49%

What are the most common means of transportation in Chitina?

top
Y-o-Y Change
Car 20 -16.7%

What is the median and average household income in Chitina by zipcode?

top
ZipCode Population Number of Households Median Income Average Income
99566 81 36 $0.00 $68,869.00

Methodology & Disclaimers


Demographic data shown in this section was gathered from the latest U.S. Census Bureau release, the 2021 American Community Survey. The information is updated yearly, as soon as new data is made available by the US Census Bureau.
No representation, guarantee or warranty is made as to the accuracy or completeness of information modified or aggregated for specific neighborhoods and/or zip codes.

Zip codes included in this demographic data: 99566