Well of course we’re all going to exercise more, eat healthier, go to bed earlier and all that jazz. But how about making a few New Year’s resolutions that will help your business and are easier to keep?
Here are three suggestions to help you start 2015 with your best foot forward:
Get More Leads
More leads is a great way to start off the New Year. Chances are, if you’re a Point2 Agent member, there are a few things you could be doing right now to get the ball rolling. Make sure you don’t leave any lead-generating avenue unexplored by taking advantage of these key features to boost your local search presence:
- Single Property Websites – Every Point2 Agent membership level comes with access to at least one mobile-friendly single property website. Single property websites allow you to showcase your listings in their best light. Buyers love exploring them, and sellers will be impressed that you offer this premium service. Best of all, when you close a sale, you can reuse a single property website for your next listing. Learn more about how to use single property websites here.
- Featured Ads on Point2 Homes – Point2 Agent Professional and Elite members get free featured advertising on Point2 Homes, our real estate search portal that gets over 1.5 million visitors per month. Featured Listing Ads and Featured Agent Ads allow you to showcase your listings and services in the areas you serve, rocketing your properties and name to the top of local search results. Make sure you are using ALL of your free ads every month. For more on how to use them (and how to get more), click here.
If you’re not a Point2 Agent member yet, now is the time to get started! Get access to a customized, mobile-friendly website, the lead-generating tools mentioned above and so much more for one very low price during our limited time winter sale.
Get More Help
Real estate agents are used to doing a little bit of everything. Besides selling houses, you also offer counselling to your clients, are pretty talented with a hammer and lead your own marketing initiatives (and so much more). Make your life easier in 2015 by getting help and delegating tasks whenever possible:
- Call Customer Care – Our customer service is fast, friendly and, best of all, completely free! If you have a question about your Point2 Agent website, listing syndication or something else, they are happy to help and just a phone call away. Don’t be shy! Dial 866-977-1777 or email customercare@Point2.com.
- Hire an Assistant – Being able to delegate less sophisticated tasks (like data entry, copy updates and ordering supplies) leaves you with more bandwidth to handle the important stuff – like lead generation and customer interactions. Sit down with your accountant or financial advisor early in the new year to see what kind of budget you might have for hiring a little help. You may also consider a virtual assistant or intern.
- Find a Mentor – Having a mentor to talk things through with will increase your peace of mind. Our post about working from home has great tips for choosing a mentor. If you have time, you might also consider becoming a mentor to a less-experienced agent in your office.
Get More Feedback
One sure fire way to improve your real estate business from both a service and financial perspective is to get more feedback from your clients. You can use their responses to refine your client interactions and function as testimonials on your marketing channels to attract new leads:
- Solicit Testimonials – Testimonials are like word-of-mouth marketing in today’s digital marketplace. They are a great way to establish yourself as an agent that prospects can trust, even before they ever meet you. Make a resolution to get at least one new testimonial each month, and you’ll have 12 that you can use across all of your marketing materials by year’s end. Read our tips for getting more testimonials.
- Update Your Contact Info Everywhere – Make sure your past, present and future clients can easily reach you, and you’ll be on the right track. Be sure to update your agent website, email signature, brochures, yard signs and every other piece of marketing you have with your most current contact information, including your social media accounts where applicable. Check all your materials at least once a year.
- Make & Share Videos – Resolve to make 2015 the year you get comfortable with the video recording feature on your smartphone. There will always be a need for professional videography in real estate, but today’s technology makes it possible for you to tackle some of the small, fun stuff yourself. Record quick videos of happy clients, neighborhood events and Hyperlapse home tours and post them to your website and Facebook pages to show off your agent expertise.
What is one of your New Year’s resolutions for 2015?