The wait is over. After years of teasing and speculation .REALTOR top-level domain (TLD) extensions are here. As of October 23rd, 2014 members of NAR and CREA can visit about.realtor to claim their very own .REALTOR domain. Even better, the first 500,000 NAR and 10,000 CREA members can claim their domain FREE for one year.
This is big news for real estate professionals as this new domain extension allows you to clearly showcase yourself online as a trusted source of real estate information – something almost all potential clients are looking for. Plus, this domain extension is exclusive only to members of NAR and CREA.
Ready to get started with this new domain extension? Here is what you have to know first:
1) Who is eligible for a .REALTOR domain?
You are eligible for a .REALTOR domain if you are a member of one of the following groups:
– REALTOR® members (agents and brokers) including International REALTOR® Members
and members of The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
– REALTOR® firms/offices
– State, provincial and local REALTOR® Boards and Associations
– REALTOR® owned Multiple Listing Services (MLSs)
– NAR affiliated institutes, societies and councils
2) Where can I claim my domain?
You can claim your domain at any time by visiting claim.realtor and following the instructions to search and then receive your domain.
3) How much do .REALTOR domains cost?
.REALTOR domains will start at $39.95 USD annually, however the first 500,000 NAR members and 10,000 CREA members will receive their first .REALTOR domain free for one year.
4) Are there any restrictions on what you can register as a domain name?
Yes. At the bare minimum .REALTOR domains should contain your name (either first, last or both) or a key business phrase, but cannot include a street address or the word ‘REALTOR’. A full guide on domain naming rules by NAR can be right here.
5) What will happen to my .REALTOR domain if I exit the real estate business?
If you are no longer a licensed REALTOR® your .REALTOR domains will continue to be active until your next renewal period, at which time it will be automatically cancelled.
5) Can I use my new .REALTOR domain with my Point2 Agent account?
Absolutely! As .REALTOR domains operate like any other domain extensions (.com, .net, etc.) you can point them to your Point2 Agent website to use in your online marketing initiatives. You can find a guide on how to point domains you own to your Point2 Agent account on our support page.
You can learn more about the .REALTOR domain from NAR in the video below:
Are you going to get a .REALTOR domain?