Agents, it’s time for us to talk about a sensitive subject. We realize this may affect you, your colleagues and even your friends. But we just can’t turn a blind eye anymore.
Listing photos should always be rotated to appear correctly to an upright viewer.
There, we said it.
Sadly, sideways or even upside down real estate photos are much more common than they should be. (Need proof? Click here, here and here.) Sideways or upside down buyers are much more rare. (We have no proof for this one, you’ll just have to take our word for it.)
We do realize, however, that rotating photos can be a little tricky – depending on your camera and computer software, it is sometimes a pain to get everything looking just so. And you’re already super busy with all the other thing you do to market your listing – you’re staging it, scheduling an open house, building a single property website, posting it on social media and all that jazz. Whew!
That is precisely why we have made rotating photos easier than ever before. Now you can do it right in your Point2 Agent account. There is no longer a need to rotate photos in your photo editing software beforehand.
Here is how you do it:
- Log in to your Online Office
- Click on the Listings tab at the top of the page
- Click Edit next to your desired listing, then select the Photos tab
- After uploading your photos, click Change Photo next to any photo you need to rotate
- Use the clockwise or counterclockwise buttons at the bottom of the screen to rotate the photo
- Click Save
- Click Save at the bottom of the page when you are finished making all changes to your listing
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. We hope it helps you, someone you know and/or the real estate industry as a whole. (We aim high here at Point2.)