Pinterest is a great place to expand your network and cement your reputation as a knowledgeable local real estate agent. Plus it’s fun! But this article isn’t about why you should join Pinterest (if you still need to be convinced, read this one).
This article is for all the savvy agents who are already out there pinning! Whether you’re new to the platform or an experienced user, these Pinterest board ideas for real estate agents will help you add value to your account and attract more followers.
Pinterest Boards for Real Estate Agents
- Home Staging Ideas – Share staging ideas that will help your clients prepare their homes for listing photos and open houses.
- Tips for Buyers – Tips for buyers might include pins about mortgages, home insurance and information about home inspections.
- Tips for Sellers – This board should be home to helpful pins such as selling a home with pets and home upgrades that pay off.
- Neighborhood Specific – Make a board for each neighborhood you serve and pin the places, spaces and people that make it a wonderful place to live. You can also pin listings here.
- Moving Tips – Both buyers and sellers (and even renters) can use moving tips that will make one of the most stressful life events a little easier.
- Cleaning Hacks – If you find an easy way to clean an oven, dust blinds or polish brass, pin it to a cleaning board. Ours is called Sparkling & Spotless.
- Real Estate Market News – Pin all of those colorful infographics you find about the benefits of home ownership and using a REALTOR® here. Also a good place to pin your blog posts!
- Favorite Local Businesses – This board will show that you’re a true local expert. Pin your favorite businesses in the area. Some may even pin you back or send referrals.
- Interior Design – You helped them find the home of their dreams, now stay relevant by helping them decorate it. Everyone loves interior design tips.
- DIY Home Projects – This is another fun one. Pin DIY ideas like wine barrel water fountains and stenciled floors here.
- Garden Ideas – Small garden ideas, big garden ideas, outdoor living spaces… pin anything that adds curb appeal.
- Holiday Decorations – Holiday boards are popular year-round. You can make one for each holiday or just use a general board as a catch-all.
- Real Estate Humor – Who doesn’t love an agent with a sense of humor? Funny listing photos and real estate comics get a lot of traction on Pinterest.
- Before & After – Everyone likes seeing home makeovers! Pin kitchen remodels or bathroom updates to inspire fellow home enthusiasts.
- Favorite Recipes – Even agents have to eat. Pin and share your favorite recipes.
- Party Ideas – Birthday parties, open houses, best agent ever awards night… you’ve got a lot of parties to plan.
- Hobby Boards – Share pics and tutorials of your hobbies to connect with other Pinterest users who share your interests.
- Tech Tips – Just like you, your friends, colleagues and clients are always looking for tech tips that make life a little easier.
- Organization Ideas – Pin pictures of organized closets, garages and pantries.
- Unusual Homes – Demonstrate your love of “home” by pinning unusual houses in your area and around the world.
Make sure each of your boards has an easy to read title and an attractive cover image. Take a peek at our boards. We rotate our covers every once in a while to keep things fresh.
Don’t forget to make sure each of your pins reaches its full potential by adding a brief description before pinning (or repinning). The keywords you add to the description will determine how – and how often – it shows up in user search results.
Want to see one of our most popular pins? We’re not 100% sure what makes it so magical, but 600+ people can’t be wrong.
Stay consistent to see the best results. A little over a year ago we only had 70 followers. Now we have more than a 1,100 and get dozens of referrals to our site from Pinterest every day. The same can easily happen to you if you just remember to pin a few things a couple times a week, every week.
Share a link to one of your most popular pins below, and we’ll check it out!