Our easy-to-use websites and prospect management tools make it a piece of cake to turn leads into clients, but first you need to get people to your site. With an estimated 90% of home buyers and sellers doing at least some searching on the internet, there are plenty of fish in the sea – you just have to know how to net them! (Get it?)
Here are 5 easy ways to get more eyes on your Point2 Agent website (and keep them there):
1. Purchase a domain name. Market it everywhere.
The default website address provided with your Point2 Agent is more of a placeholder. To achieve optimum search engine results, you need a top level domain like yourname.com. It will also be easier for people to remember. You can purchase a domain name from within your online office. If you already have a registered domain name through another provider, read this or contact Customer Care to learn how to use it with your Point2 Agent website.
Once you have a memorable domain name, be sure to include it in all your online AND offline marketing. Put your website URL on your business cards, brochures, pens, fliers, ads… you name it. Don’t forget to add a link to your site in your email signature! By adding your web address to anywhere you normally put your phone number, you are giving potential leads a way to learn more about you and your business.
2. Dip your toes into SEO.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the umbrella term for a series of practices that make it easier for your website to be found by search engines like Google and Yahoo! SEO is a complex field with ever-changing rules, but there are some very simple things anyone can do to boost their SEO levels.
- Edit the content to be unique. Although your Point2 Agent site comes with text to help you get up and running quickly, you should eventually change as much of it as possible to be in your own words. Search engines place much greater value on unique content than they do on content that’s duplicated on other sites.
- Format your content so it’s easy to read. Short paragraphs with headlines containing keywords are much easier to read than large blocks of text. Well-formatted content will keep viewers on your site longer. Google knows this and rewards pages with clear formatting.
- Edit your title tags and meta tags to include keywords for your target market. Learn how, it won’t take long.
- Optimize your images by adding alt tags. It’s easy! Just think of it as adding a caption that only the search engines can read. When editing content on your website, simply right click on your selected image and click Image Properties to add Alternative Text in the field shown below.
3. Generate and share valuable content.
Creating and sharing relevant, valuable content that home buyers and sellers want to read is called content marketing. Today’s consumers are trained to ignore traditional marketing – we fast forward through commercials and throw out glossy junk mail. Content marketing attracts potential visitors not with sales pitches but with content that interests them and highlights your expertise.
For example, you could create a guide for first time homebuyers and place it on your website. Then you can share a link to that page of your site on social media sites, like Twitter and Facebook. Tweeting “Top 10 Facts First Time Homebuyers Need to Know <insert link to your site>” is a lot more interesting and engaging than “Check out my new listing!” Don’t you agree?
4. Seduce visitors in; don’t scare them off!
Once someone lands on your website, whether via search engine, marketing collateral or social media link, encourage them to stay by offering quality information in an easy to navigate, clean space. If your site is busy, packed with broken links and auto-play audio effects, leads are more likely to click the back button quickly, increasing your bounce rate and decreasing your appeal to search engines.
Look at your site through a customer’s eyes. Is your contact information clearly visible on every page? Is it obvious which pages are for buyers and which pages are for sellers? For more information about what should be visible on your Point2 Agent website, check out this blog post.
5. Purchase advertising space on Point2 Homes.
Advertising yourself in the area you primarily work in is a great way to get prospective buyers to notice you. You can see an example of featured ads along the top of this page. Featured Agent placements on Point2 Homes are just $10/month.
Even if you don’t have the time or energy to put all of this into practice right this minute (because you’re super busy selling houses), try making one small change a week until your site is where you want it to be. Start with a domain name, get it out there and then work on adding/editing content as you have time. And, as always, contact our brilliant Customer Care team if you need help with anything!
Want traffic-boosting tips customized for you? Leave a link to your site in the comments below and one of our experts will get in touch with you!