Point2 Agent Email Migration Has Started!

The Point2 Agent email migration for current members to the new Rackspace email system has begun!*

Starting today, and until October 9, all current Point2 Agent accounts are being migrated to new Rackspace email accounts, which provide extensive spam filtering, organizational tools, and email messaging options.

Current members’ migration dates will be different, due to the volume of email addresses and emails that must be migrated.  The day prior to the migration, you will receive a migration notification email.  You will still be able to access your old email account at any time to review prior email messages, although after your migration date, all new emails will be delivered to your new Rackspace email account.

If you have not already done so, you will want to export the contacts in your old account and import them into the new Rackspace email account, so that you can generate prospect contact lists, add additional information to contact records, and still keep in touch with your key clients.

If you have any questions regarding the new email accounts, you can reveiw the email migration FAQ’s and some key information about Rackspace.

Once again, the migration to the new Rackspace email accounts has commenced for current Point2 Agent members. We know that you’ll love them as much as we do!

* New members to Point2 Agent will automatically have access to Rackspace email accounts with their membership.

• Bruce Adams says:

I do not use your email. Do I need to do anything here?

• Walter Whitehurst says:

I assume this will not affect the drip emails that are sent to our client list just the personal emails we send ourselves.

• Chris says:

Hi Walter, thanks for the question. You are correct – drip emails are sent via our own systems, so the migration to Rackspace email will not effect them at all.

• Deb Nicholls says:

I am in the process of moving my domain,it should be completed Oct. 5th. Meanwhile, I direct my email to the point2 name servers, and then set up my mail accounts, but nothing is coming through. (Well, I got one email that was sent 24 hours ago.) Is there someone at Rackspace who can help?

• Chris says:

Hi Deb,

If you are having any problems at all receiving email, feel free to contact our rock star customer care team and I know they will get to bottom of things immediately.

You can reach them toll-free at: 1-866-977-1777

Have a great day 🙂

• Chris May says:

What if I do not want to use your new system. I want to continue to use my own Email systems that are in place already.

• Chris says:

Hi Chris, thanks for the comment!

To answer your question, we would never force you to use our email system if you have one in place already and it is working well for you.

That being said, if your email is hosted elsewhere you should enjoy uninterrupted service as we make our transition to Rackspace email.

Have a good one!

• Christy says:

My office mate already has the new system. I do not. However, my system is running very slow and not very good at this time. Is there anything that I need to do other than just wait.
    Thanks Christy

• Debra says:

I use Outlook to retrieve my e-mails. I have not yet received a “migration notice” – please advise

• Chris says:

Hi Debra,

Thanks for the comment! If you have not received a migration notice yet, there are two possible explanations. First of all, the migration is ongoing – which means that if you haven’t received a notice yet, you should be shortly.

Second, there is the slight possibility that the email notification has been inadvertently blocked by a spam filter. If this is the case
      you can get in touch with our rock star Customer Care team at the toll-free number provided above.

• Sell Services says:

There is obviously a lot to know about this and selling. I think you made some good points in it.